Thursday 25 August 2016

Carry on my architectural trip...Gothic Cathedral in Hong Kong

It’s one year already.  I’m missing the HKU summer trip with the US students.  The course makes me aware every little things around me.  I become addicted to architecture and culture.  In this year, I continue to discover the local culture and every interesting thing.

My friend invited me to visit St. Paul’s Cathedral in Central for Sunday service last week.  I heard St. Paul’s Cathedral is a traditional church with Gothic architecture.  So, I went to have a look.

St. Paul Cathedral is an old building that built over hundred years.  I found it looks very new, as it is a live building with good maintenance.  There are lots catholic visit the church every Sunday.  Even weekday, there are lots businessmen pass by, as St. Paul Cathedral is surrounded by lots modern glazed facade commercial buildings.  The surrounding garden and park provides a good environment for people have a break during work.  

I'll love to see more heritages in Hong Kong be protected and maintained as good as St. Paul's Cathedral.


 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment